July 21, 2010

Happy Everything!

Ok, so here is what I decided today. See I have lost my mojo, well mostly with card making. I blog hop a lot and it seems like when I see someones card they may say how they are making this card and that card FOR someone. To me it would seem a lot of card makers make cards with a purpose. For me, I don't send cards very often so when I make them I don't have a purpose. It makes it hard to "personalize" them. I am not sure if this makes any sense to anyone but my inspiration and creativity comes from "why I am making the project". I think that is why I will always be a scrapbooker at heart. I have been scrapbooking for 13 yrs and I get such pleasure and satisfaction from making layouts. Does any of this make sense to ANYONE? LOL!

Here is my example, I made 2 projects today to share with you. One was a Bind-it-All project and one was a card. I bought my first digital kit the other day and had to try it out. I had no purpose for the card, no one in mind to send it to.....so I really had no where to go with it. It was simple but cute and somewhere down the line I may find a use for it. The other project I made was using my BIA. I am sort of old fashioned and still prefer my pen and paper to keep track of bills and other important info in my life. I don't use a check register to every month in a Composition book I write down which bills are due, how much I paid, the check number and when the check was sent. Basically just like a register but because it is in the notebook I have more room to make notes and add things and make corrections. Well the book I had been using I have had for 2 years. I was getting old and ragged. Now the BIA book I made is nothing fancy but I made it will a purpose, someone (me) will be using it so while I was making it I saw my vision. Again, does this make any sense? Seriously, or am I just alone in this crazy crafty mind game?

So my point is I am going to start making a variety of projects from cards to BIA projects to scrapbook pages. I hope you will all still join me and continue to check out all that I have to share.

Alright on with my projects, here is the card I made using my new digital kit I got from Two Peas. I think it is called Party Monkey by Holly Jones.
Everything is from the digital kit except the "happy everything" sentiment. That is actually a stamp I got from the dollar bin at Michaels. It was actually super fun making this card. I see more digital kits in my future. LOL!

Next is my BIA project. I used a 7.5x5 Coverall with 3/4in O-wire.
First I used Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels that I purchased the other day from my local craft store. It's called Pashmina, is has like gold glitter tints to it. Super cool looking when dry, you can't really see that in the picture. I realized that is went very well with the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP from Stampin' UP! I used a piece of that paper to cut out the top note shape which I did with my Cricut. I also cut out "Bills" with my Cricut and my S-CAL program. The lines paper I used on the inside I actually printed off a website, www.printablepaper.net.
I really like the way this turned out. I am super excited to sit down tomorrow and start using the book, writing down all my upcoming bills for August.

Here is one this that I wish that BIA/Zutter would do, I LOVE the Coveralls. Now since I am on this "making my own notebook" kick, I wish they made Coveralls that were big enough to use 10.5x8in notebook paper. I would never buy another store bought notebook again. LOL! Since college isn't strict on what kind of notebooks I use for note taking, I will be using the 7.5x5 Coveralls to make myself notebooks. But for my kids who are in schools that are particular about the size notebooks they use, a 10.5x8in Coverall would be so handy.

Alrighty, there you have it. I am in the process of making a SUPER cool scrapbook LO. I found this cool website with a cool technique for LO's. Ok, I said "cool" way too many times. I will share all the info on this LO and website when I have a picture to post. Hopefully I will have it finished by tomorrow.
Also if you haven't entered in my 2 giveaways, then go check it out. Click here for the Cosmo Cricket candy and here for the box o'goodies candy. These giveaways both end July 30 at midnight EST.

Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

Darlene S. said...

I can totally relate to your "to whom to I gift this to/make this for" dilemma! I have that problem all the time!

I usually just make cards if I know theres an occasion for someone in my life, but othertime, I just want to experiment with a new technique for a layout, or sometimes I make a card just to get creative juices going with scrap papers- for no one in mind.

When I make cards that arent for a specific person, I try to make them unisex or girl/boy themed, but not use a specific sentiment such as "happy birthday," and I'll leave a space to fill out (with a stamp or chipboard or something) the sentiment in the future when it is time to send the card. Saves me time that way from fantically trying to put something together last minute when I realize last minute that someones bday in two days from now!

Asuggestion I could offer would be to randomly send cards to family/friends weekly/biweekly/monthly, for no reason at all. Maybe make a list of who would appreciate them and rotate the recipients every so often? :) Who doesn't love happy mail that isn't bills! :D

Your card is totally cute and so is the journal/book you made! That is so neat! How does the BIT coverall work, is it just glued onto the BIT spiral frame?

Have a great day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the card and your journal....and I haven't had problems yet with any of my pages (knocking on wood! LOL!)...I still only make pages that I want to make....even if its for a dt....i have always sworn that i will only make with what makes me happy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jamie said...

That bill notebook is awesome! I may have to make me one of those too! I keep all of my bills written down in a spiral notebook right now, so that'll work great for me! That may have to be my first BIA project!

I love your little monkeys on that card! I think monkeys are soooo cute!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Doesn't that make paying bills so much better when you have something pretty? Great project!

Betty Anne said...

Your monkey card is soooo cute and I love your bill book to. I am like you a scrapbooker at heart. I generally only make cards if a challenge calls for it because I rarely send them to anyone. I to find it hard to make one when I don't have a certain person in mind for it.