July 19, 2010

My first official BIA project

Oh my it is the beginning of another week. Were is the time going? I have been away from crafting a bit over the last week or so, not sure if it's my mojo or just life or what but I did manage to finish a project today. Not that it took me all week or anything but this is what I have to share.

I LOVE my Bind-it-All. I made some teacher gifts a month ago, the post-it note holder but it wasn't really complex or anything so I didn't really count that as anything. But this is a notebook for my daughter to use when she goes to school.



Mod Podge and I have a love hate relationship. I love that it seals the project and keeps the paper safe from everything but it makes my paper bubble up and it also makes the cover a bit tacky and sticky. Is this normal or did I somehow do something wrong? Does anyone have any suggestions of a product I can use over paper and chipboard to seal the project?

Overall though I think my daughter will love it. And I love being able to make it for her. Since I will be going to school in the fall too, I may be making some for myself.
I painted the chipboard with some pearly acrylic paint. Then I used some pattern paper from Basic Grey's Olivia collection as well as some of the sticker elements. I used some Old Olive cardstock from Stampin' UP! to line the inside of the book. And there you have it.

I have all the goodies together for my next giveaway. I just need to upload the picture and blog about it. Check back in the morning to see all the great stuff I have to give away. I think I may have a couple giveaways again.

Happy Crafting!!

6 comments:

D said...

What a gorgeous notebook. I'm sure she'll love it! Can't wait to see what you make for yours :)

Karen B. said...

I think that everyone has that kind of relationship with Mod Podge, sorry to not be able to offer any suggestions! But I really like your notebook, how very cool she will be to carry that around school.

Janet's Joy said...

Your daughter is sure to love her notebook. Awesome first project!

LisaE said...

Great project! Love how you used the Olivia papers.

Amanda Winkelman said...

Super cute notebook! That's so cool to be able to create something unique for your daughter for school!

Debbie said...

Cute notebook - love that little birdie!